SL Motorcycle Training will provide motorcycle training in accordance with all legal requirements and regulations as required by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). Under these regulations, we are required to check all of our customers are properly licensed to complete the training course.
- SL Motorcycle Training courses are offered through online service and through our highly-trained office staff whose registered office is 121 Straight Road, Romford, Essex, RM3 7JD. By purchasing a motorcycle training course, you are entering a contract with SL Motorcycle Training. You understand that motorcycle training involves a high degree of risk that can lead to personal injury or death. When booking a course, you accept these risks and hazards.
- Licence requirements. At the point of booking you will be advised of the licence requirements to complete the course that you have selected to complete. It is your responsibility at that stage to ensure that you have the required licence to take this training.
- SL Motorcycle Training is required by law to confirm the validity of your licence. It is therefore necessary for you to carry a valid full or provisional UK licence with the appropriate categories at all times and during all sessions. You must allow all representatives of SL Motorcycle Training to inspect your licence. It will not be possible for you to commence your training without a valid licence.
- You will be required to present a valid photocard licence or valid passport with a paper licence. This licence will be required to show the correct entitlement and be fully legible. Should your licence not be valid or you do not bring it to the course, then you will not be allowed on the course and you are not entitled to a refund. You must carry your licence with you for the whole duration of the course.
- Eyesight check. You are legally required to demonstrate the ability to read a UK number plate at a distance of 20.5m. if it is necessary for you to wear glasses, or contact lenses, to read over this distance the you must wear them at all times whilst training. Your ability to complete this basic eyesight test is a term of the continuation of your course. If your unable to read a UK number plate at a distance of 20.5m, then you will not be allowed on the course and you are not entitled to a refund.
- SL Motorcycle Training will offer training to those people holding current and valid UK licences only. To confirm licence validity, it will be necessary to contact SL Motorcycle Training head office in advance. Where necessary we may contact the DVLA and if we cannot confirm your licence statues, you will not be allowed on the course.
- Theory Test. It is your obligation to ensure that you have a valid theory test, and can present you valid theory test pass certificate on the day of your module 1 or module 2 test. A theory test will be required when taking any module 1 or module 2 test. If you do not have a valid pass certificate for your motorcycle theory test and cannot produce the original for verification prior to the course, you will not be allowed on the course and you are not entitled to a refund.
- Payments. All course payments must be made in full 5 days before the course starts. Payment will be taken by SL Motorcycle Training head office or online through the email payment link.
- Refunds. Refunds can be made in accordance with the refund policy below. All refunds will be subject to an administration charge of 10%. This term does not affect your statutory rights.
- Refund policy:
- Customers will receive a refund – subject to administration fee – for any course cancelled at least 7 days prior to the commencement date. Any course cancelled within a 7 day period will not be subject to any refund.
- Booking Fees are non-refundable
- If, when booking your course, your start date is within the 7 day period then no refund will be given in the case of cancellation, other than in line with your legal entitlement. If the course commences within 7 days of booking, then by making payment you agree to waive your rights in terms.
- Moving your course date. Wherever possible SL Motorcycle Training will attempt to accommodate any necessity to change the date your course date, however we have no obligation to do so under these terms. We will require a minimum of 7 days notice to change the date of any full licence course and at least 7 days notice to change the date of any CBT course.
- Course schedule. At the time of booking you must be available for the dates advised for your training. Full licence courses are run on consecutive days, and include pre-booked motorcycle tests. You will be required to attend motorcycle training in accordance with the scheduled dates advised. Failure to attend on time will also result in forfeit of any course and test fees, lateness will not be accepted or refunded.
- All courses are scheduled to provide sufficient training for an average person to complete the course.
- It is the responsibility of all the attendees to ensure that they have full knowledge of the start and time of the course booked. It is also the responsibility of all attendees to understand the requirements in terms of attendance. It is your responsibility to note any changes advised regarding course dates and times.
- During your course, if you are unable to continue with your training, for whatever reason, no refund of the course cost is given.
- Test cancellation. From time to time the DVSA may cancel tests with limited notice. SL Motorcycle Training has absolutely no control over such actions by the DVSA. Where this is the case, and there is no alternative test availability on the day then SL Motorcycle Training will take such action as is required to rearrange your tests at times convenient for you. There will be an additional charge for these rearrangements. Should you require additional training due to the change of test date by the DVSA, SL Motorcycle Training reserves the right to charge you for this.
- Should we cancel your course in full or part with less than 7 days notice, then we will refund the price of your course, unless the cancellation date is due to the DVSA cancelling the DVSA practical test date (see 16 above) or any other force majeure incident.
- Failure to attend test. Should you fail to attend the scheduled test for any reason you will forfeit the test fee, and will be required to apply for the replacement test to complete your course. Failure to attend on time will also result in forfeit of any course and test fees, lateness will not be accepted nor refunded.
- Your responsibilities. SL Motorcycle Training will provide such training as is necessary to complete your course in accordance with the DVSA approved training standards. This training is designed to provide such detail and information as to facilitate your ability to complete your course successfully. Is it your responsibility to ensure that you engage fully with the course. It is your responsibility to make your instructor aware at any stage of any issues which may be causing you difficulty in fully engaging with the course, or that may impair your ability to complete the course which include any physical or medical condition or otherwise that could adversely affect your safety or training. You are responsible for always acting in accordance with the directions and advice given to you by your instructor during the course. You understand that attendance on the course is no guarantee of a test pass, successful completion of CBT or any other course requirement.
- If you occur any penalties or fines whilst riding a motorcycle provided by SL Motorcycle Training, due to your manner of riding on the road, the responsibility for settling this rests with you.
- Insurance. SL Motorcycle Training will provide such insurance as is legally required for us to conduct training both on and off the road. You will be charged £500 excess for any damage to any Motorcycle or in the event of an incident. Personal accident insurance is not included in the cost of a course and you may wish to consult your own insurance broker.
- Motorcycles, Clothing and helmets. SL Motorcycle Training will provide safety equipment in the form of a motorcycle quality jacket, high visibility jacket, motorcycle quality gloves and a European standard motorcycle helmet. We have tied to ensure that we offer a wide range of sizes. It is your responsibility to advise us of the likelihood of a specific requirement for either extra-large or extra small sizes at the point of booking. Failure to do so may lead to an inability to provide safe protective clothing or helmets for your course. In this event your course may be terminated for the day, which may lead to an inability to complete the course. In this case, no refund will be available.
- You will be required to ride in appropriate clothing, we recommend as minimum sturdy jeans or work trousers, leather boots which cover ankles, and such additional clothing as is sensibly appropriate in accordance with the prevailing weather conditions on the day of your training. If in any doubt, please ask us for clarification before attendance. If in our opinion you are not appropriately dressed to ride you will not be allowed on the course and you are not entitled to a refund.
- For all courses, where SL Motorcycle Training have provided you with a motorcycle, we will provide you with a motorcycle that is compliant with all legal requirements in England & Wales and is road worthy.
- If you are supplying your own motorcycle to train on, it is your responsibility to ensure that it meets with all legal requirements for being on the road. You must provide proof of insurance, Vehicle Excise Licence (Tax), MOT (where applicable) and a valid CBT Certificate at the time of the course. Should you arrive for training on a machine that is not legal or appropriate for the course, your instructor will not be able to conduct any training. In such a situation, your course fee will not be refundable. In the event that you use an illegal machine on the road, our insurance policy will not be valid. No discount or reduction in the price of any course is offered if you use your policy will not be valid. No discount or reduction in the price of any course is offered if you use your own motorcycle.
- Drink and drugs. You will not be able to take part in any element of your motorcycle training should you be, or should we suspect that you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Should you fail to comply with any instruction, demonstrate any unsuitable attitude or act in any way which will endanger yourself or any other rider or road user we reserve the right to immediately terminate your training. We operate a zero-tolerance policy to any kind of behaviour likely to cause danger, inconvenience, or offence to any third party. In the case of such action your training will be immediately terminated and no refund will be given.
- Threatening behaviour. Any threatening behaviour whether physical or verbal will result in an immediate termination of your training. No appeal will be accepted and the decision of your instructor will in all cases be final and no refund will be given.
- Liability. Understanding the risk of motorcycling. By attending SL Motorcycle Training motorcycle training course, you acknowledge that riding a motorcycle carries with it inherent risks and you accept that there is a possibility that an accident may occur that causes you loss, damage, expense, personal injury or even death. SL Motorcycle Training will make every effort to ensure your safety during your course and deliver it in a safe and fun manner to you however we are not liable or responsible for any claim arising as a result of any accident you may be involved in as a result of you taking a motorcycle training course.
- In any event, our liability is limited to any damage caused to you by our failure to perform the contract or by our improper performance of the contract unless the failure or improper performance was your fault or that of any other third party or was due to unusual or unforeseeable circumstances which would not have been avoided and this liability is limited to the price paid for the motorcycle training course.
- Complaints. If you have a complaint about the motorcycle training course, in the first instance you should inform the instructor on site where you are attending the course as soon as is practical, so that remedial action can be taken if possible. Thereafter, you should make the complaint in writing within the first 30 days of the training course finish date, sending it to: SL Motorcycle Training Head Office, 121 Straight Road, Romford, Essex, RM3 7JD.
- Law. This contact and all matters arising from it are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- In the event that any of the provisions of this contract shall be determined in any court to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent then such provision shall to that extent be severed from the remaining provisions of the contract, which shall continue or be valid and enforceable.
COVID-19 - SL Motorcycle Training is working hard to help stop the spread of Coronavirus. As such, temperatures will be checked before all courses before they are to begin. If any temperature over 37.5°C is recorded, the training course will not go ahead and will be rescheduled for two weeks from the day as per government guidelines.
If you have any symptoms such as a dry cough, high temperature, aches or you suspect being in contact with someone who is displaying symptoms for COVID-19 or has tested positive - do not attend your training course, if you are booked in for a CBT when this occurs, this will be rebooked without charge. Any test training (such as A1, A2 and DAS) will be rebooked but course fees will be forfeited due to short notice, as per DVSA guidance, which can be found on their website. No Refunds will be given. SL Motorcycle Training are not liable for any cancellations or suspensions due to any government regulation, act, national or local lockdown or the DVSA/DVLA.
We will do our best to move courses with no extra charge however no refunds will be given in these circumstances.